ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2015 Jeep Compass engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Compass:

2015 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Jul 102017

Compass

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Compass. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine, traction control, and electronic throttle control indicators illuminated. The vehicle was towed to a local dealer (huffines Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram lewisville located at 1024 S slemmons fwy lewisville, tx 75067 469-293-3618) where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure, but did not offer any assistance. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Oct 202015

Compass

All engine lights came on, electrical components started going out, then car would not go over 10 miles per hour, even with the accelerator pushed all the way down, then the car completely shut down on the middle of a very heavily traffic road. Power steering, all electrical components and engine refused to work. Had to have the Compass towed to nearest dealer and problem was the entire computer system went out. 4 month old vehicle and the entire computer system fried. Took 6 days to get it replaced. Now two months later the exact same thing has happened again and the dealership doesn't seem to care. Says it's under warranty and will be fixed, but don't seem to understand the sever danger this defective vehicle puts my family and me in when we drive it without knowing when and where the computer system will blow again. What if I was pulling out of an intersection and the car shut down like this and my family gets hit by traffic. Something needs to be done!

- Ladson, SC, USA

Oct 092015

Compass

While pulling out of parking space engine shut down. While driving on a road the same day vehicle stopped running - engine shut down - had difficulty pulling off road because steering did not work. Taking it in to dealer to look at 5500 miles approx 2.3 mos old. Not happy with new car

- Northampton, PA, USA

May 242015

Compass

The vehicle engine shut down while driving.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA

Apr 182015

Compass 4WD 4-cyl

I was proceeding through a green light. A car coming from my left ran their red light at full speed (approx. 30 mph) and crashed into my car. My entire front end was damaged. It was pushed in at least 10-12" according to the responding fire department & emt's my airbag should have absolutely gone off and it did not. I was transported to the hospital for neck pain. Luckily nothing is broken but I have severe neck, back, and head pain almost a full week later. I am starting physical therapy next week.

- Brockton, MA, USA