- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 12 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 23 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 30 days ago
Jeep Recall 965: Daimlerchrysler/Steering Gear Assembly
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This could reduce steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. An internal nut in the steering gear assembly could loosen and cause the steering gear to lock up.
- Dealers will replace the steering gear assembly. Owner notification began December 27, 2000. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.