- April 13: Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 Steering Wheels May Fall Off recalls | 6 days ago
- April 10: Chrysler Catalytic Converter Recall Causes Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 37 days ago
- March 7: Jeep Cherokee Recall To Replace Instrument Clusters recalls | 43 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 80 days ago
Engine Won't Turn Over,Won't Start
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn't seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It's worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Swedish Magazine's "moose test". The test measures a vehicle's ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn't want to hit while driving down the road ... like a moose.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 55,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (13 reports)
- change the relays, apparently burned by tipm (4 reports)
- TIPM and/or alternator recall (chrysler code: p60) (2 reports)
- replace alternator and burnt out battery (1 reports)
- use key fob to start (1 reports)