- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 9 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 12 days ago
- October 12: Jeeps and Rams Have Seat Belt Retractor Problems recalls | 49 days ago
- October 9: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Causes Lawsuit news | 52 days ago
Jeep Preliminary Evaluation PE19011: Seat Belt Retraction
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Seat Belt Retraction
- The Office of Defects Investigation has identified 18 Vehicle Owner Questionnaire (VOQ) reports for model year 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee alleging that the seat belt fails to retract for front seat occupants. Several reports indicate the plastic guide of the B-pillar mounted D-Ring is cracking during routine use thereby preventing proper retraction of the seat belt. This condition results in an improper fit of the belt and increased injury risk. The condition has been observed in both the front driver and passenger positions. Complainants report that complete replacement of the seat belt assembly is necessary to repair the condition. A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency, and safety-related consequence of the alleged defect.The complaints cited above can be viewed at NHTSA.gov under the following ID numbers: 11047976,11051433, 11052841, 11066026, 11066992, 11073598, 11075151,11088579, 11100698, 11115861, 11122068, 11207016, 11208477, 11228347, 11229887, 11232073, 11244714, and 11242818.
Click a tab for more information.