- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 14 days ago
- October 12: Jeeps and Rams Have Seat Belt Retractor Problems recalls | 51 days ago
- October 9: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Causes Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
Jeep Recall VA6: Seatbelt Buckle May Separate From Seat Frame
2016 Jeep Wrangler
A separated or severed seat belt buckle strap will result in an inoperable seat belt, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Seat Belts — Front — Anchorage
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2011-2018 Jeep Wrangler right hand drive vehicles. The driver's seat belt buckle mounting strap may fracture and separate from the seat frame.
- FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's seat belt buckle, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed November 19, 2019. Owners will received a second letter and the recall began March 26, 2020. Owners may contact FCA customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA's number for this recall is VA6.
- Documents (6)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 10/03/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VA6
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 09/27/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VA6
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - VA6 Owner Interim
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.