8.0

1. rebuild transmission (3 reports)
2017 Jeep Wrangler transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Jeep Wrangler:

2017 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

May 032019

Wrangler Sahara 2dr V6

My ride is a 2017 2-door Jeep Sahara. Started having an unusually difficult time with reverse, especially coming out of gear and a grinding. Had to hold the stick in gear to avoid grinding. Jeep Dealership had my Wrangler for almost 2 weeks to replace the Transmission completely. They didn't argue that the transmission was bad. The synchros and tons of parts were on my invoice. I was under the 36k mile warranty for replacement and free service, however I have never mistreated my transmission and this is my 3rd Wrangler! My Jeep now has 33k miles, so I guess if this happens once more I'll throw in the towel. I am disappointed that I spent $36k and financed $40k for a vehicle to perform this way, and very early into its road life.

- Jeff R., Jacksonville, FL, US

Mar 072018

Wrangler Sport 3.6L

The car kept on popping out of the reverse gear / sometimes it would not completely pop out and it would start grinding the gears. I've made a few appointment ever since I bought the car at 0 miles but I never had the opportunity to take the car in I finally gave up at 7900 miles and made an appointment and took the car in where they told me they have to tear apart the whole transmission and change the Synchro gears. This is unacceptable for a brand new car.

- Varen K., Tujunga, US

Nov 082017

Wrangler Smokey Mountain 3.2L V6

Took Jeep in again as the issue had become worse and become much worse. I was very concerned that the reverse gear would completely fail and I would be unable to back up. They rebuilt the manual transmission and two days later the problem returned, YES, two days later the same problem returned.

- Jack W., Decatur, GA, US