ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

9.0

2014 Kia Cadenza transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Cadenza:

2014 Kia Cadenza Owner Comments

Oct 032016

Cadenza Premium 3.3L V6

transmission has slipped on an off 5 or 6 times since the 20,000 mile mark. Reported it 3x's to Libertyville Kia but they cannot reproduce the problem. Usually happens when i am doing 55 to 60 on highway. I do not notice until I hear the RPMS start to rev while i am in drive and tranny will catch it, and slam back into gear. The slamming of the transmission back into gear is so loud and abrupt it feels like i am being rear ended. All of this happens when i am in drive. i never took it our of drive, never played with the paddles. never accidentally hit the drive shifter out of drive. I do not recommend this car.

Originally listed at 40g, bought it for 31g since they sit on lots forever. Hardly see any on road. Now i know why. Resale sucks too. only 2 and half years old and I would be lucky to get 17g or 18g. Kia-I wouldn't want to be seen in ya. not anymore.

- Mike E., Hawthorn Woods, IL, USA

Feb 022015

Cadenza SXL 3.3L V6

at 55mph the trans will slip, engine revs then found noise

Almost makes me wreck every single time. Scares the sh*t out of me.

- John M., FAIRFIELD, OH, USA