- May 22: Kia Telluride Windshield Class Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- May 18: Hyundai Kia Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Thefts news | 16 days ago
- May 3: Kia Instrument Cluster Recall Affects 109,000 Vehicles recalls | 31 days ago
- April 24: Stolen Hyundai Crashes Into Toyota SUV, Killing Christian Romero, 23 news | 40 days ago
- April 21: Kia Theft Lawsuit: Teens Killed in Stolen Kia, Parents Sue Kia news | 43 days ago
Kia TSB #PS493
2014 Kia Cadenza
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:APPLIANCE:AIR CONDITIONER
- TSB: DEFOGGING LOGIC ? NORMAL OPERATION, DISABLING, AND ENABLING - Starting with 2010MY, all Kia vehicles, except Rio (JB), incorporate a defogging logic to prevent the interior windows from becoming excessively fogged. Depending on the specific model, the HVAC control head monitors ambient temperature and/or cabin humidity to determine which settings will best prevent the windows from fogging. If the system detects lower ambient temperature or higher cabin humidity, the defogging logic may automatically switch ON the A/C, and/or set the air intake mode to Fresh Air. If the user changes these settings, the defogging logic will take control again after 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the procedure in this publication.
Click a tab for more information.