2015 Kia Optima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Optima:

2015 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Oct 232017

Optima

In August my car was having trouble accelerating, about a week after while driving the car produced a black cloud of smoke then the oil light came on. I stopped at a gas station where an attendant checked my oil and advised me there was very little oil in the engine and that it looked like sludge. I then took the car to a Kia Service Center, advised them of the situation, they changed the oil, and did some other maintenance. A couple of days afterward while driving the car produced white smoke and continued to have trouble accelerating. Then one day in October the oil flickered on and off every time a made a turn or went up a hill, I called another Kia service center the day after the oil lamp went on, they advised me the car was not drivable and needed a new engine. They didn't have a loaner, and couldn't offer a rental until they could decide who was at fault. I was stranded at the service center with no way to get home so I called a friend to get me. I can't afford a new engine and the car is leased. So, now I'm waiting for a call from the service center and without a car.

- Rose P., Howard Beach, US