- January 17: Kia Engine Warranty Extension Offered For Bearing Damage news | 1 days ago
- January 17: Kia Engine Replacement Recall Was a Partial Dud recalls | 1 days ago
- December 30: Kia Sephia Brake Pad Lawsuit May Not Be Over news | 19 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 55 days ago
Kia Recall SC143: Driver Air Bag May Not Fully Inflate
2016 Kia Optima
In the event of a crash, an air bag that does not inflate fully increases the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Kia Motors America (Kia) has recalled one 2016 Optima vehicle. In this vehicle, the end seal for the driver's frontal air bag inflator may not have been properly installed, possibly resulting in reduced inflation of the frontal air bag in the event of a crash.
- The affected vehicle was remedied on January 10, 2017. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC143.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.