- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 16 days ago
- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 30 days ago
- March 18: Kia Recalls Optima Hybrids That Can Lose Power recalls | 36 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 37 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 63 days ago
Kia Recall SC143: Driver Air Bag May Not Fully Inflate
2016 Kia Optima
In the event of a crash, an air bag that does not inflate fully increases the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Kia Motors America (Kia) has recalled one 2016 Optima vehicle. In this vehicle, the end seal for the driver's frontal air bag inflator may not have been properly installed, possibly resulting in reduced inflation of the frontal air bag in the event of a crash.
- The affected vehicle was remedied on January 10, 2017. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC143.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.