- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 23 days ago
- July 31: Kia Sephia Brake Pads and Rotors Focus of Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 80 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 87 days ago
Kia Recall SC143: Driver Air Bag May Not Fully Inflate
2016 Kia Optima
In the event of a crash, an air bag that does not inflate fully increases the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Kia Motors America (Kia) has recalled one 2016 Optima vehicle. In this vehicle, the end seal for the driver's frontal air bag inflator may not have been properly installed, possibly resulting in reduced inflation of the frontal air bag in the event of a crash.
- The affected vehicle was remedied on January 10, 2017. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC143.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.