- March 12: Kia K5 Recall Issued to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 10 days ago
- March 7: Hyundai and Kia Theft Fix Involves Software Updates news | 15 days ago
- March 1: Genesis Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Announced recalls | 21 days ago
- February 3: Kia Telluride Recall To Repair Faulty Airbag Wire Harnesses recalls | 47 days ago
- January 31: Kia Telluride Headlight Failures Investigated investigations | 50 days ago
Kia TSB #TSB_CHA084_R8
2017 Kia Sorento
Affected Component: STEERING
- TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN: PARTIAL REPAIR OF C-MDPS MOTOR, ECU, WORM GEAR AND/OR STEERING COLUMN HOUSING - This bulletin has been revised to include additional information. New/revised sections of this bulletin are indicated by a black bar in the margin area. This bulletin provides information regarding the partial repair of the Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) Motor, Electronic Control Unit (ECU), Steering Column Housing, or Worm Gear Assembly. When the steering wheel is rotated a scraping noise can be heard originating from the lower bearing on the Worm Gear Assembly on some 2010MY~ Kia models listed on page 8, equipped with a Column Motor Driven Power Steering (C-MDPS) unit. On some vehicles when the steering wheel is rotated a scraping noise can be heard originating from the lower bearing on the Worm Gear Assembly and does not affect the steering effort.
Click a tab for more information.