- October 14: Kia Recalls 2017 Sorento SUVs Over Crankshaft Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- September 10: General Motors Sued After Child's Death in Saturn Aura Crash news | 39 days ago
- August 13: Kia Lawsuit Says Connecting Rod Bearings Leave Metal in Oil news | 67 days ago
- July 31: Kia Soy-Based Wiring Chewed by Rodents: Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
2012 Kia Sorento
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: As long as catastrophic engine failure at under 60,000 miles is the top owner complaint, it'll be pretty hard to recommend the 2012 Sorento.
Worst 2012 Sorento Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems42NHTSA complaints: 104
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 36
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 31
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Sorento Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sorento compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Sorento overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sorento.