- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 1 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 27 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 54 days ago
- December 19: Kia Sorento Recalled to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 63 days ago
- December 13: Kia Forte Brake Light Switch Recall Issued recalls | 69 days ago
2012 Kia Sorento
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: As long as catastrophic engine failure at under 60,000 miles is the top owner complaint, it'll be pretty hard to recommend the 2012 Sorento.
Worst 2012 Sorento Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems44NHTSA complaints: 104
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 31
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Sorento Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sorento compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Sorento overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sorento.