- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 3 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 29 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 56 days ago
- December 19: Kia Sorento Recalled to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 65 days ago
- December 13: Kia Forte Brake Light Switch Recall Issued recalls | 71 days ago
2011 Kia Sorento
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Kia really changed the design of the Sorento in the 2011 model year. Instead of a truck-like body-on-frame more capable of offroad adventures, the newest Sorento is a unibody construction and is much more crossover than sport utility. The changes brought a whole slew of problems, including a frustrating problem where the door that won’t open. Is it too late to go back?
Worst 2011 Sorento Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exterior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 32
- engine problems25NHTSA complaints: 111
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 129
- lights problems10NHTSA complaints: 23
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 87
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 39
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 20
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 64
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 28
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 61
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 130
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 81
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Sorento Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sorento compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Sorento overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sorento.