- October 19: Kia Recalls Soul and Soul EV Cars, 3rd Time, Same Problem recalls | 3 days ago
- October 14: Kia Recalls 2017 Sorento SUVs Over Crankshaft Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- September 10: General Motors Sued After Child's Death in Saturn Aura Crash news | 42 days ago
- August 13: Kia Lawsuit Says Connecting Rod Bearings Leave Metal in Oil news | 70 days ago
- July 31: Kia Soy-Based Wiring Chewed by Rodents: Lawsuit news | 83 days ago
2017 Kia Sorento
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2017 Kia Sorento
Official recalls have been issued for the 2017 Kia Sorento by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2017 Kia Sorento ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, TRAILER HITCHES NHTSA Campaign #16V862000
Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Sorento vehicles manufactured October 27, 2014, to August 25, 2016, and 2017 Sportage vehicles manufactured December 10, 2015, to August 26, 2016. The affected vehicles are equipped with an accessory trailer hitch wiring harness that, due to a malfunction of the tow hitch module, may result in the trailer brake lights being constantly illuminated. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, " Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
Consequence: If the trailer brake lights stay illuminated while being used, other drivers may be confused, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the trailer tow hitch harness, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 18, 2017. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC142. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V862000 »