- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 7 days ago
- August 1: Kia Recalls Optimas For Forward Collision System Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- July 27: South Korea Indicts 3 Hyundai Executives Over Theta II Engines news | 28 days ago
- July 26: Kia Sued After 2011 Soul Hit An Alligator news | 29 days ago
- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 35 days ago
Kia Recall SC167: Steering Column May Separate
2018 Kia Sorento
If the steering column separates, it can cause a loss of steering ability, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Column
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2018 Kia Sorento vehicles. The cowl crossbar that connects to the Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) steering column may be improperly welded, allowing the steering column to separate.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the cowl crossbar, free of charge. The recall began October 26, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC167.
Click a tab for more information.