- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 8 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 23 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 26 days ago
Kia Recall SC167: Steering Column May Separate
2018 Kia Sorento
If the steering column separates, it can cause a loss of steering ability, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Column
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2018 Kia Sorento vehicles. The cowl crossbar that connects to the Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) steering column may be improperly welded, allowing the steering column to separate.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the cowl crossbar, free of charge. The recall began October 26, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC167.
Click a tab for more information.