- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 36 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 40 days ago
- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 68 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 81 days ago
Lincoln Recall 15S16: Doors May Unexpectedly Open
2013 Lincoln MKZ
A door that is not securely latched could open while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014 Ford Fiesta, 2013-2014 Ford Fusion and 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ vehicles. A component within the door latches may break making the doors difficult to latch and/or leading the driver or a passenger to believe a door is securely closed when, in fact, it is not.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace all four door latches, free of charge. The recall began May 1, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S16.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - July 31, 2017 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 15S16 – Supplement #3
- Media Correspondence
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - March 28, 2017 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 15S16 – Supplement #2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.