- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 35 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 69 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 69 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 73 days ago
- June 5: Ford Agrees to Settle MyFord Touch Lawsuit news | 77 days ago
Lincoln Recall 15C02: Park Lamps Too Bright With Headlights On/FMVSS 108
2015 Lincoln MKZ
If the light output is excessive, oncoming traffic may be temporarily blinded, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Headlights
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured February 17, 2014, to March 19, 2015, and equipped with daytime running lights (DRL). In the affected vehicles, the parking lights do not reduce their light output from a DRL level when used in conjunction with the headlights. As such, the light output may exceed the the permissable amount allowed by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- Ford has notified owners, and dealers will update the lighting control software, free of charge. The recall began on May 8, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for the recall is 15C02.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.