- April 18: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- February 22: Mitsubishi Outlander Sports Recalled For Wiper Problems recalls | 64 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Lancers After Sunroofs Fly Off recalls | 84 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders For Parking Brake Problems recalls | 84 days ago
- February 1: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers and Outlanders With Drive Belt Problems recalls | 85 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall : Front Sensor Safety
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
This coating over time may cause corrosion of the sensor. In the event of a vehicle crash of the type that would deploy the airbags this type of short-circuit may cause a delay in the deployment of the airbags which could result in driver or passenger injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Mitsubishi is recalling model year 2008-2009 lancer and Lancer evolution vehicles originally sold in or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and District of Columbia. In areas where heavy road salt is used in the winter, a long term exposure to a mixture of melted snow with salt thrown up by the other vehicles on the road may cause a water-salt mixture to adhere to the front impact sensors.
- Dealers will install new front airbag sensors that have improved corrosion resistance. This service will be performed free of charge. The safety recall began on November 27, 2009. Owners may contact Mitsubishi customer relations department at 1-888-648-7820.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.