7.6

$2,000

2. replace overhead console (2 reports)
  3. install bigger washer (1 reports)
2008 Nissan Armada accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Armada:

2008 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

May 012017

Armada V8

My 2008 Nissan Armada overhead console came tumbling down and almost caused an accident.

- Karey P., Wake Village, US

Jan 102019

Armada SE 5.6L

Console costs $500.00 plus labor. To fix the heater $400. Too early to fix a lot things. Also brakes for a second time.

- Chuntarito G., Compton, CA, US

May 032016

Armada SE 5.6L V8 Flex

Cheap plastic roof console that is held to the roof with plastic clips. The plastic started cracking at only 45000 miles and console came crashing down suddenly.

- hms, Sugar Land, TX, US

May 162014

Armada SE 5.6L V8

I HAVE HAD THIS ARMADA SINCE 09 WITH NO PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. THE FRONT CONSOLE, WHILE I WAS AT WORK DUE TO HEAT I GUEST I DON'T KNOW, THE PLASTIC WAS BRITTLE AND WAS BREAKING IN MY HAND SO I TOOK THE LIGHTS AND REAR AC SWITCHES APART AND RIGGED UP. WHICH LOOK TACKY AS HELL.AND NOW I SAW THAT THE REAR CONSOLE IS ALSO DROPPING NOW ABOUT A INCH. SO WHAT AM I GOING TO HAVE TO DO? THIS NEEDS TO BE A RECALL.

- johnnywagner73, Center Point, AL, US

Jun 012011

Armada SE V8

click to see larger images

overhead console fell down overhead console fell down overhead console fell down overhead console fell down overhead console fell down overhead console fell down

I bought the 08 Armada brand new. After having it for only 3 years, I started to notice small gaps and light showing through the side of upper console. The front part of it by the sunglass compartment started falling in small pieces. After walking out of work one day I opened the door and the entire rear piece of the upper console was hanging by 2 to 3 screws, and the electrical piece only. I thought someone had broken into my vehicle, but quickly realized that it was the substandard materials Nissan had used that gave way.

I immediately drove to the local Nissan dealer. The service tech took the truck and looked at it. When they gave it back they had taken the part completely down for fear of it crashing down, and causing injury. They then told me looked like someone had pulled it down, and there was nothing they could do. I was infuriated ( who snatches down the insides of their vehicle??). I called Nissan Corporate to inform them of their substandard materials, and the issue I had. Of course Nissan would not take responsibility for using/ making crap, and sang the same tune of there was nothing they could do.

About 2 months later, the front piece of the upper console fell completely down. I didn't event bother to waste my time with Nissan. I started doing a little research on the issue. I talked to a few other Soldiers around my post that had Armada's, and some had experienced the same issue. I also found some websites, and blogs about Armada owners complaining about the same exact thing. It would not be such a big deal if the part didn't cost so much. Just the rear piece of the upper console is almost $1000. I was so blown away, I didn't bother to price the other piece.

This SUV cost to much money for parts to be falling in, especially only after 3 years. I can honestly say that Nissan has lost a valued customer. Until they can improve on the quality of their vehicles, and their response to customers, I will never buy another Nissan.

- femalesoldier, Killeen, TX, US