2012 Nissan Juke fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Juke:

2012 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

Feb 042018

Small drops of fuel under the vehicle were spotted and when the ac/heat is turned on there is a strong smell of fuel that enters the cabin. This happens at initial start up after sitting for several hours. The odor has been ongoing for about a year, when I took the vehicle in to the dealer they said my VIN was not included in any recall campaign and told me some turbo models do that. The drops of fuel was recently.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Nov 292017

I had a gas/exhaust smell coming into my cabin of vehicle and from my the outside of my vehicle. I took to my mechanic, where he confirmed that there was a gas leak and that Nissan had recalls on my type of vehicle for this reason. Told me to take to Nissan dealer for recall repairs. There were two recall id#: R1201 and R1418. The dealership said my VIN# didn't have a recall, despite the confirmation from my mechanic that there was a leak. I called national Consumer Affairs dept Nissan North America, talked with akash #7319300, case # 29075850, where I was told nothing is wrong with my vehicle and that I should have it fixed at my cost. It didn't have a recall, even after explaining everything. This is a safety issue and there are recalls for this, but they will not look or fix my vehicle under the recall. If my type of vehicle has not 1 but 2 recalls on it for this issue, how is it possible that my vehicle is not one of them? the recall states on the attached documents, "if you notice a fuel smell in the cabin of your vehicle, please bring your vehicle into a Nissan dealer for repairs as soon as possible." I did this and they wouldn't fix it.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Nov 152016

Increasing odor of fuel in the cabin. First noticed when the weather became cool. No obvious cause or engine performance issues noted. No leaks noted around the vehicle. Nissan dealership quoting $450 minimum to diagnose and needs the car for 2 days in order to find the problem.

- Greer, SC, USA

Dec 142015

Strong gas odor in car coming from air vents fuel pressure regulator was re torque under a recall. No visible leak gas odor under the hood also.strong odor under hood. Nissan will not cover they say they already repaired part alone is$ $800 and wont even look at it with out charging me had it independently verified bye a qualified mechanic.

- Bridgeport, CT, USA

Oct 072015

Noticed gasoline smell in car; smell got progressively worse. Fuel found leaking under car. Car taken to mechanic. Mechanic investigated leak and Nissan Juke recalls. Mechanic found fuel leak under intake -see recall 14V683. Nissan says not covered by recall. Intake removed and found the fuel pressure sensor not adequately torqued. Touched with wrench an spewed fuel. Then turned off by hand. Matches the symptoms of the recall exactly.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Dec 172014

TL-the contact owns a 2012 Nissan Juke. The contact stated that there was an odor of fuel coming from the inside of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pressure sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: V14V683000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 46,000. Djr

- North Hills, CA, USA

Jul 042014

Juke 4-cyl

Noticed a fuel / gas smell in cabin, especially while car was standing still with engine running.

- Tully, NY, USA