8.0

$970

1. replace seat (2 reports)
2011 Nissan Leaf seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Leaf:

2011 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Jul 202020

Leaf SL

Passenger air bag has shut off. Dealer fix is a new passenger seat at a cost of $3,182. Current fault code is B1018. Passenger Occupant Sensor failure. No damage to seat or cushion. It just stopped working. Passenger airbags are now disabled, safety issue. Need a mandatory safety recall.

- Dan T., Spanaway, WA, US

Mar 282019

Leaf SL Electric

The light for my passenger airbag (occupant classification system OCS sensor) is on all the time and flashing red, even when there is an adult passenger sitting in the car. This same part was recalled in 2013+, but not recalled on 2011/2012. The repair is very expensive because Nissan will not sell just the airbag sensor--you must purchase an entire seat. I want model year 2011 Nissan Leaf to be added to the existing recall for models 2013 Nissan Leaf. It seems like a big safety issue that if the passenger occupancy sensor fails, all airbags are disabled. Cost approximately $4,800 and NO GUARANTEE OF FIX! I will be riding around now with red warning lights flashing and possibly no air bags functioning at all.

Update from Apr 17, 2019: Nissan central has worked with local Nissan dealer and have fixed this problem. I am completely satisfied now.

Original estimate of $4800 ended up at $963 out of my pocket. Wow, way better!

Somehow original estimate was reduced by about 50% and then Nissan split that number 60/40 with me getting the 40%. Very happy with how Nissan central worked this through my local dealer. Fix is now done and we have a new passenger seat with installed air bag sensor(s).

- Bill B., San Diego, CA, US