- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 3 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 9 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Allegedly Not Adequate news | 10 days ago
- October 1: 2022 Nissan Pathfinders Recalled Twice recalls | 15 days ago
- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 29 days ago
2007 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
2007 Nissan Maxima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Timing Chain Went9
- High Pitch Whining Noise From Motor7
- Check Engine Light On1
- Engine Oil Pan Rusted1
- Motor Mounts Went Bad1
- Secondary Timing Chain Making Excessive Noise1
- NHTSA: Engine18
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.