- April 2: Nissan Recalls Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 6 days ago
- March 13: 2020 Nissan Versa Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 26 days ago
- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 45 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 51 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 84 days ago
2009 Nissan Maxima
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the electronic steering column lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima. See this page on the Nissan Maxima Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL) defect.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead you might consider a 2007-2008 Maxima, or a newer model year.
2009 Nissan Maxima Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.