- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 57 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 61 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 62 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 70 days ago
Nissan Recall : Steering Gear Housing
2009 Nissan Rogue
The screw may eventually come out of the steering gear cover. If large steering inputs are made with the cover screw missing the pinion shaft may come out of the steering gear resulting in a complete loss of steering control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Pitman
- Nissan is recalling certain model year 2008-2009 Rogue vehicles. A screw in the steering gear housing cover may loosen over time and could fall out. As it loosens, the steering response of the vehicle may be compromised but the driver will retain steering control.
- Dealers will inspect whether the steering gear cover screw is loose and will be retightened to the proper specification. Dealers will also install a cover plate to prevent the screw from possibly coming out of the steering gear. This service will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during November 2009. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.