2018 Nissan Rogue brakes problems: brakes without warning while driving

Brakes Without Warning While Driving

2018 Nissan Rogue

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

7.2

2018 Nissan Rogue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Rogue:

2018 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Feb 262019

Rogue S 2.4L V4

While traveling on a city street with no one around doing approximately 35 to 40 mph, car started braking, yellow warning flashed on dash and audible dinging. This is the 3rd time its happened and I am calling the dealership since I have had this car all of 10 freaking days! The first time it was an unspecified malfunction message and light, but it disappeared. I got rid of my old 242,000 Toyota to have piece of mind...well we see how well that's worked!!

- Andrea L., Akron, US

Nov 042018

Rogue

• CVT transmission

New 2018 Nissan Rogue 250 miles. We took a ride this past Sunday am 11-5-18 (our 1st highway drive) and encountered 4 occasions where the vehicle electronics just shut down, and applied brakes for a couple of seconds. Straight hwy. 45 mph. Luckily No other vehicles around. Going into dealer service this Sat.We are afraid to drive this new Rogue on highway. Wonderful.

- Robert C., Fort Collins, CO, US

Oct 232018

Rogue SL 2.5L/152

While accelerating between 35 and 40 mph, the vehicle suddenly braked and shuddered, while my foot is on accelerator! The car behind me almost hit me. This is 2nd time that it happened. The first was in April, and I was just starting to accelerate, so I was not sure if it was an engine or transmission problem, as what I heard was almost grinding noise. My husband was in the car the first time, my son, a mechanic, was in the car this last time.

The first time Nissan said no codes were thrown, so no clue what happened, as they could not recreate. It's in the shop again today to see if they can figure it out. Fortunately this time, a friend was driving behind me and saw my brake lights go on, so I can now say with certainty that it's brake related. I don't want to drive this on the freeway - can't imaging getting rear-ended by a big-rig and dying!

I sure hope they can figure it out, or it's going to court. I can now only drive this piece of junk on surface streets, in the slow lane, - so it's almost worthless to me.

Update from Oct 29, 2018: Dealership uploaded computer fix to security system, that is supposed to fix the brake issue. I had to bug them to check for an update Service Bullitin - NTB8-041a, which was recommended by the NHTSA (I also filed complaint with them). Fingers crossed that this is the REAL fix.

- Anne K., Rancho Cordova, US

Oct 032018

Rogue Lxawd

On my way out of the parking lot lights started blinking on my dash and the automatic emergency braking system engaged. Total freak out because there was no other car near my car (front, sides or rear). The vehicle was moving steadily about 25 to 30 mph on the road before you get to Rte 100/422 bypass. There was no reason for this incident to occur since there was no other cars nearby, no debris on the road, and nothing adhering to the front of the car near the sensor. It barely stopped before I would have been in an intersection where a crash would have occurred.

- cso, Pottstown, US

Aug 172018

Rogue

I am so angry. I paid cash for my vehicle and I am not about to put up with faulty systems that are suppose to enhance your driving experience. I want a refund!!!!

- Lee C., Midfield, US