- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 20 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 22 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 26 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 27 days ago
- November 15: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 29 days ago
Cvt Transmission Failure
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 80,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)