2015 Ram 3500 exhaust system problems: diesel exhaust fluid pump quit working

Diesel Exhaust Fluid Pump Quit Working

2015 Ram 3500

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ram dealer.

8.7

$2,140

1. replace def pump (3 reports)
2015 Ram 3500 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ram 3500:

2015 Ram 3500 Owner Comments

Jun 032019

3500 SLT 6.7L

After 3 check engine light warnings that could not be figured out by two different dealers (just reset). They completely replaced the entire DEF system and exhaust under warranty at 25,000 miles. Recently another check engine light appeared at 54,000 miles. Now returning to dealer again.

Code reader I bought reports Code P20E8 - Reductant Pressure to low. Reported fix = Replace Redundant Pump for $2,140.00 (dealer estimate)! However, part is back ordered with no arrival estimate in sight. Must be an item in high demand, . . . Hmmm

Truck is warning me it will automatically shut down to 5mph in 100 miles unless fixed. Basically, the truck is indefinitely out of service at the dealer. This also results in shutting down my business because I can not not tow my utility trailer to meet current contracts.

This is my second Dodge truck. The first one a 2010 crew cab short bed diesel had similar exhaust issues but no Def system back then. I see a trend here, no more diesel Dodges for me! The Cummings motors may be great but everything else strapped to the motors kinda makes them useless and unreliable. It's gone as soon as I can pay it off.

- Jeff C., Myrtle Beach, SC, US

May 212018

3500 Laredo 6.7L Cummins

DEF pump failed on road trip. Limped to dealer, told that this pump is a high failure rate item AND it was in short supply! Took several days to get one, and they had to talk another dealer out of it. Unsatisfactory!

- Bernie W., San Antonio, US

Mar 032017

3500 Laramie 6.7L Cummins

New truck. It has been in the shop for a full month. Can not believe that Dodge can not get parts for their own trucks. Horrible service. Nobody at customer service seems to care. I WILL be buying a Ford as soon as I can drive it again.

- Don M., Plenty, SK, Canada