8.0

2. redesign electrical system (1 reports)
2019 Subaru Forester electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Forester:

2019 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Oct 162021

Forester LX

Had to wait with the dogs in the park in the

Heat. When tow truck guy came , he said try it again and it turned over. he laughed and said it happens a lot with Subaru.

- Susan S., Salem, OR, US

Dec 242021

Forester LX

This has happened twice. ‘Once at the dog park with three dogs in the back and once at home with 4 dogs in the car the day before Christmas and both times had to call roadside assistance. My warranty ends in march 2022.

- Susan S., Salem, OR, US

Mar 312021

Forester

The first time this car died in my garage it was only 10 days old! One time it would not start when at the bank drive-through (where everyone banks because of COVID) and I stopped business for about 40 minutes before road-side assistance could jump it.

I took the car to the (Continental Subaru) dealership and they said that it was NORMAL for the car to die if I am in line and have the radio on!!!!! Or in my garage for a week or so without driving!

I bought this car new because I thought Subaru would be reliable. I wanted to go camping and off the beaten path with this car (like on the Subaru advertisements.) I live in Alaska where it is easy to be in the middle of no where and not have phone service. No one (including the few State Troopers we have IF I could call them) will drive a hundred or more miles to jump a car in the wilds (I am bear bait!)

Even in my garage in the biggest city in Alaska it takes almost an hour for someone to come jump this car. (When my old Astro van was stolen, it was found with the door open (for five days) and it started right up thanks to the toggle switch I always had on that shuts off the interior lights.) This Subaru needs a BIG redesign of its electrical system, or AT LEAST a switch just to park it in the garage!

I have used my portable jump starter on many vehicles many times, but it will not work on Subaru because not even the radio and other electronic stuff can be turned off before there is enough juice to start the battery. My trickle charger seemed to work until there was enough juice for the lights to start flashing and other noises that sounded like it was about to blow up! I wanted to love this car, but it is too DANGEROUS for me.

- Debbie H., Anchorage, US