2019 Subaru Outback electrical problems: dead battery

Dead Battery

2019 Subaru Outback

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Subaru dealer.

6.3

2. put in park (1 reports)
2019 Subaru Outback electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Outback:

2019 Subaru Outback Owner Comments

May 052019

Outback LX 4 cyl

Dealer says I must keep engine running to listen to the radio or open the doors for any length of time.

The drain on battery from the dome lights and computer add to the problem. Pain in the ass.

- Alan J., Big Sur, US

May 042019

Outback LX 4 cyl

Towed in three times for dead battery. Dealer says I have to keep engine running at all times when opening doors or listening to the radio. Dome lights and omputer drain battery dead.

- Alan J., Big Sur, US

May 132019

Outback Limited 3.6L

• CVT transmission

2019 OUTBACK Limited 3.6. Would not start, battery dead for the fourth time. Roadside service had to jump start the car. Complained to Stateside Subaru, they sent a tow truck and car was carried to them and they replaced the battery. I made sure nothing was left on and put the car in my garage. Two days later tried to start car, would not start. Roadside service came and jumped started the car for the fourth time. This is my first Subaru. We are afraid to take the Subaru anywhere for fear it will leave us stranded. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Update from Jun 15, 2019: Battery replaced by dealer, no further problems.

- Stephen B., Middletown, US

Apr 072019

Outback 2.4 I 2.4L

click to see larger images

dead battery dead battery

Car started having trouble turning over. I knew this car had an issue with its battery. I remember the other person on here had the same issue. So, I decided to check the battery. Its a mess, looks like acid is everywhere. I'm taking it to the dealer this week. I will update when I know what's going on. This is my first Subaru, I'm pretty disappointed.

- Jessica W., Nottingam, US

Jan 042019

Outback 2.5I 2.5L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

dead battery dead battery dead battery dead battery

As of now, I bought the 2019 Subaru Outback for less than a week, with only 89 miles on it. I found the battery was totally dead two days ago. Called for jumper start assistance (it took the vendors a few hours to arrive). The vehicle was restarted and I drove it for 20 minutes, hoping that the battery was able to recharge by this. However, on the next day the same thing happened again. Totally unexpected and really disappointed with quality of the vehicle!!!

- Long L., Mountain View, CA, US

Sep 122018

Outback Limited 3.6r

Cannot turn off the radio, it does go off when you shut off the motor. However if it is not in "park" when you push the keyless start/stop button. it does not shut off, it goes into accessories mode. Which will run the battery down. It did 3 times before I realized what was happening.

- Terry W., Kingston, TN, US