Subaru Recall WTQ-76: Subwoofer Wire May Overheat And Cause Fire
2015 Subaru WRX
An electrical short may damage the subwoofer amplifier, and may result in the subwoofer overheating, increasing the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2015 WRX and WRX/STI vehicles, equipped with an optional factory-installed subwoofer in the trunk. Items in the trunk may cause the subwoofer wiring to contact the subwoofer metal frame, possibly resulting in an electrical short.
- Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the subwoofer wire, install a wire retainer clip, and, as necessary, replace the subwoofer, free of charge. The recall began October 31, 2017. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-800-782-2783. Subaru's number for this recall is WTQ-76.
- Documents (9)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2017 Subject: Update: WTQ‐76 Possible Subwoofer Overheating Recall – Owner Notification
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 10, 2017 Subject: New Safety Recall
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Click a tab for more information.