- July 15: Toyota To Pay $15.8 Million in California Dealership Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- July 14: Toyota Prius c Recall Issued Over DC-DC Converters recalls | 9 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Settlement Approved news | 37 days ago
- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 59 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 70 days ago
Toyota Recall G0J: Occupant Classification System/FMVSS 208
2016 Toyota Avalon
Air bags that do not deploy as intended during a crash increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Avalon and Camry vehicles manufactured November 30, 2015 to March 4, 2016. The occupant classification system (OCS) that activates or deactivates the front passenger seat air bag system may have been improperly calibrated. As a result, the front passenger air bag and the front passenger knee air bag may not deploy as intended in certain crash scenarios. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will recalibrate the OCS, free of charge. The recall began by May 13, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is G0J.
- Documents (15)
- 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota DATE April 21, 2016 TOPIC Operation codes have been provided.
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TOYOTA Published April 12, 2016 Subject: Safety (Noncompliance) Recall G0J – Remedy Notice Certain 2016 Model Year Camry, Avalon, Avalon HV Vehicles Occupant Classification System (OCS) Sensor
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Toyota
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TOYOTA Published April 13, 2016 Dealer Letter and Technical Instructions Available on TIS
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Toyota Update 04-13-16
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.