- November 21: Toyota Highlander Steering Column Recall May Be Needed investigations | 18 days ago
- November 7: 4Runner TRD SUVs Recalled by Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 32 days ago
- November 1: Scion xA Recall Issued in the U.S. recalls | 39 days ago
- October 31: Toyota Recalls Tundra Trucks Over Label Snafu recalls | 40 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 49 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Intake Manifold Vacuum
2000 Toyota Echo
When the brake is applied under this combination of conditions, vacuum assist to the brakes would decrease, and the increased pedal pressure required could lead to an increase in vehicle stopping distance.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Power Assist — Vacuum
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. Due to a unique combination of conditions which consist of cold ambient temperatures, load applied from air conditioner and other electrical devices, and immediately after starting the engine, there is a possibility that the vacuum in the intake manifold could be insufficient for the brake booster.
- Dealers will replace the brake booster and front brake pads. Owner notification began October 29, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.