- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 16 days ago
- September 5: Toyota Prius Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 17 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Cleared in Crash of 2005 Tundra news | 19 days ago
- August 31: 2012 Toyota Avalon Recalled For Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 22 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 22 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Intake Manifold Vacuum
2000 Toyota Echo
When the brake is applied under this combination of conditions, vacuum assist to the brakes would decrease, and the increased pedal pressure required could lead to an increase in vehicle stopping distance.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Power Assist — Vacuum
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. Due to a unique combination of conditions which consist of cold ambient temperatures, load applied from air conditioner and other electrical devices, and immediately after starting the engine, there is a possibility that the vacuum in the intake manifold could be insufficient for the brake booster.
- Dealers will replace the brake booster and front brake pads. Owner notification began October 29, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.