- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- April 3: Toyota Recalls 6,000 Vehicles to Replace Vacuum Pumps recalls | 23 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 24 days ago
- March 28: Recall: 2018 Toyota Camry Cars May Need New Engines recalls | 29 days ago
Toyota Recall 20E: Toyota/Rear Brake Line
2002 Toyota Echo
If this condition occurs frequently, the rear brake line could be damaged, which could result in leakage of brake fluid, causing a decrease in brake effectiveness.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain passenger vehicles, if the vehicle is driven under repeated start and stop operation in low ambient temperatures and in deep snow, there is a possibility that snow could accumulate in large quantities inside the rear wheel and freeze. The snow frozen inside the wheel could contact the rear brake line during wheel rotation.
- Dealers will replace the rear brake lines. Owner notification began November 9, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.