- January 14: Toyota Emissions Settlement Reached For $180 Million news | 8 days ago
- December 19: Toyota Steering Column Problems Cause Recall recalls | 34 days ago
- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 52 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 53 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 56 days ago
Toyota Defect Investigation DP19004: Brake Actuator Valve Wear
2010 Toyota Prius
Brake Actuator Valve Wear
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Power Assist
- On September 19, 2019, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) received a defect petition requesting that NHTSA investigate and recall approximately 1.1 million 2010-2015 Prius and Prius PHV, 2012-2014 Camry Hybrid and 2013-15 Avalon Hybrid vehicles for a brake actuator solenoid valve wear condition that is currently covered under Toyota Warranty Extension Programs ZJB and ZKK. The petitioner alleges that Toyota conducted safety recalls D0H and K0L (NHTSA recalls 13V-235 and 19V-544) to remedy safety defects in the same component covered by the warranty programs and that Toyota should also recall the subject vehicles. In addition, the petition identifies 117 NHTSA complaints allegedly related to the warranty program condition in the subject vehicles, including 60 reporting crashes.The petitioner submitted three Vehicle Owner Questionnaires (VOQs) in support of the petition (VOQs 11256504, 11256517 and 11256523). Copies of the petition and supporting documents will be added to the public file for this defect petition evaluation and ODI will evaluate the petitioner's allegations to determine if the petition should be granted or denied.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.