- March 4: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 13 days ago
- January 9: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.7 Million Lexus and Toyota Vehicles recalls | 67 days ago
- December 20: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Transmission Recall Issued recalls | 87 days ago
- December 18: Toyota 4Runner Frame Rust Lawsuit Says SUVs Are Dangerous news | 89 days ago
Toyota Recall J0T: Engine Wire Harness May Chafe And Short
2016 Toyota Prius
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Toyota Prius vehicles. A portion of the engine wire harness connected to the hybrid Power Control Unit (PCU), could contact the cover at this connection and wear, causing an electrical short circuit.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine wire harness assembly and replace it if damage is found. A protective sleeve or protective tape will be included to prevent any future damage. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began October 30, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0T.
Click a tab for more information.