- March 4: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 19 days ago
- January 9: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.7 Million Lexus and Toyota Vehicles recalls | 73 days ago
Toyota Recall H0U: Improperly Bolted Hybrid Capacitor May Cause Stall
2016 Toyota Prius
If the capacitor was not properly secured, vibrations from driving the vehicle may damage the capacitor, shutting down the hybrid system, causing a loss of motive power and increasing the risk of a crash.
Hybrid Propulsion System — Inverter
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016 Prius vehicles. A capacitor within the hybrid system may not have been properly bolted to the inverter housing.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the inverter, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by early December 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is H0U.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- October 18, 2017 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota Date: October 18, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall H0U – Remedy Notice Certain 2016 Model Year Prius Vehicles Inverter Assembly Replacement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota October 18, 2017 Safety Recall H0U – Remedy Notice Certain 2016 Model Year Prius Vehicles Inverter Assembly Replacement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.