- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 42 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 56 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 77 days ago
Toyota Recall JLA, J0F: Sensor Failures May Prevent Air Bag Deployment
2016 Toyota Prius
If the air bags fail to deploy in a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016 Toyota Prius and Lexus RX 350, RX 350 F Sport, RX 450h F Sport and RX 450h vehicles and 2015-2016 Lexus NX 200T, NX Turbo and NX 300h vehicles. The air bag pressure sensors and/or the acceleration sensors may fail causing the side/curtain shield air bags and/or the front air bags to not deploy in the event of a crash.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the sensors as necessary based on their serial numbers, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 12, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's numbers for this recall are JLA, J0F.
- Documents (5)
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Safety Recall J0F (J1F) – Interim Notice - Certain 2016 Model Year Prius Airbag Sensor
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Lexus - Safety Recall JLA (J2A) – Interim Notice - Certain 2015 – 2016 Model Year NX Vehicles and Certain 2016 Model Year RX Vehicles Airbag Sensor
- Miscellaneous Document - January 31, 2018 - DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Click a tab for more information.