- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 7 days ago
- February 10: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Not Good Enough, Says Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- February 9: Toyota Recalls Vehicles To Replace Engines recalls | 15 days ago
- February 6: 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Issue Causes Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- January 31: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
Toyota Recall JLA, J0F: Sensor Failures May Prevent Air Bag Deployment
2016 Toyota Prius
If the air bags fail to deploy in a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016 Toyota Prius and Lexus RX 350, RX 350 F Sport, RX 450h F Sport and RX 450h vehicles and 2015-2016 Lexus NX 200T, NX Turbo and NX 300h vehicles. The air bag pressure sensors and/or the acceleration sensors may fail causing the side/curtain shield air bags and/or the front air bags to not deploy in the event of a crash.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the sensors as necessary based on their serial numbers, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 12, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's numbers for this recall are JLA, J0F.
- Documents (5)
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Safety Recall J0F (J1F) – Interim Notice - Certain 2016 Model Year Prius Airbag Sensor
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Lexus - Safety Recall JLA (J2A) – Interim Notice - Certain 2015 – 2016 Model Year NX Vehicles and Certain 2016 Model Year RX Vehicles Airbag Sensor
- Miscellaneous Document - January 31, 2018 - DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Click a tab for more information.