- August 14: Toyota Prius Windshield Replacement Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 4 days ago
- July 31: Toyota Air Conditioner Smell Lawsuit Says Mold Builds Up news | 18 days ago
- July 27: Toyota Camry Mold Smells Cause Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 54 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
Toyota Recall : Inverter Failure May Cause Hybrid Vehicle To Stall
2012 Toyota Prius v
The vehicle may enter a fail-safe/limp-home mode that limits the drivability of the vehicle. The hybrid system could also shut down completely resulting in a vehicle stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Hybrid Propulsion System — Inverter
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Prius V vehicles manufactured August 22, 2011, to June 30, 2014. A component within the hybrid inverter assembly may overheat, causing the hybrid system to reduce output power allowing the vehicle to only drive a short distance. In some circumstances, the hybrid system may shut down causing the vehicle to stop while being driven.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the motor/generator control electronic control unti (ECU) and the hybrid control ECU, free of charge. The recall began on July 30, 2015. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371.
- Documents (16)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0R (F1R) - Preliminary Notification July 14, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0R (F1R) - Preliminary Notification Updated July 16, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0R – Remedy Notification
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Updated 8/4/15: Warranty sublets updated
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - February 6, 2018 2010-2014 Prius and 2012-2014 Prius V: Safety Recalls E0E and F0R
Click a tab for more information.