- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 1 days ago
- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 8 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 10 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 17 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 18 days ago
Toyota Recall : Loss Of Electric Drive
2014 Toyota RAV4 EV
A loss of drive power may increase the risk of a crash.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Toyota Motor Engineering & manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Rav4 EV vehicles manufactured July 24, 2012, to August 29, 2014. Due to a software issue within a component of the Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Assembly, the electric propulsion motor may shift to "neutral" resulting in a possible loss of drive power.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will update the Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Assembly software, free of charge. The recall began on September 10, 2015. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (17)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Preliminary Notice
- Other Recall Related Documents - 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0I – Remedy Notice 2012-2014 Model Year RAV4 Electric Vehicle (EV) EV Traction Motor Assembly
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - F0I - Remedy Dealer Letter and Technical Instructions are now available on TIS.
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0I (F1I) - Interim Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Rev 1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.