- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- April 3: Toyota Recalls 6,000 Vehicles to Replace Vacuum Pumps recalls | 16 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 17 days ago
- March 28: Recall: 2018 Toyota Camry Cars May Need New Engines recalls | 22 days ago
- March 22: Uber Self-Driving Car Crash Lawsuit to be Filed in Arizona news | 28 days ago
Toyota Recall : Loss Of Electric Drive
2014 Toyota RAV4 EV
A loss of drive power may increase the risk of a crash.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Toyota Motor Engineering & manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Rav4 EV vehicles manufactured July 24, 2012, to August 29, 2014. Due to a software issue within a component of the Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Assembly, the electric propulsion motor may shift to "neutral" resulting in a possible loss of drive power.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will update the Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Assembly software, free of charge. The recall began on September 10, 2015. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (17)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Preliminary Notice
- Other Recall Related Documents - 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0I – Remedy Notice 2012-2014 Model Year RAV4 Electric Vehicle (EV) EV Traction Motor Assembly
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - F0I - Remedy Dealer Letter and Technical Instructions are now available on TIS.
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall F0I (F1I) - Interim Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Rev 1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.