- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 22 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 31 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 69 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 83 days ago
Toyota Recall : Southeast Toyota/Audiovox/Theft Deterrent System
1999 Toyota Sienna
This condition can cause intermittent performance of the vehicle's electrical components such as the dash warning lights and/or HVAC fan speed controls. Also, the vehicle may not run smoothly and could stall.
Electrical System — Ignition — Anti-Theft Controller
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles, mini vans and passenger vehicles equipped with a theft deterrent systems (tds) supplied by audiovox corporation and distributed by southeast Toyota distributors, Inc. In the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina. The alarm wiring harness plugs into the vehicle's ignition switch and the vehicle's ignition switch wiring harness plugs into the alarm harness to complete the circuit. A percentage of the female terminals used in the alarm connector were found to be defective, causing an 'open circuit' condition when mated to the male ignition switch terminals.
- Dealers will inspect the date code label on the security system harness and any displaying the manufacturing/final date code will be replaced with newly produced harnesses. The date codes are: Rav4 - 6/24/98, 6/25/98, 6/26/98; Sienna - 6/25/98, 6/26/98; and avalon - 6/30/98, 7/1/98, 8/31/98, 9/1/98, 9/2/98, and 9/3/98.
Click a tab for more information.