- December 26: Toyota Camry HVAC Class Action Lawsuit Certified news | 29 days ago
- December 8: Joyson Airbag Recall Investigation Closed by Government investigations | 47 days ago
- November 24: Toyota Power Steering Recall Includes Sequoia and Tundra recalls | 61 days ago
- November 19: Toyota Recalls 2022 Sienna Minivans With Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 66 days ago
- November 17: Toyota Camry Recalled Over Brake Vacuum Pump Problems recalls | 68 days ago
Toyota Engineering Analysis EA05010: SEATBELT MALFUNCTION
2004 Toyota Sienna
- The shoulder portion of the middle-row seatbelt webbing feeds through an opening in the seatbelt bezel located at the top of the seat.the bezel also contains a clip that covers a narrow slot in the bezel.the clip may become dislodged from use and allow the seat belt to become stuck in the narrow slot exposed by the dislodged clip. In addition to ODI's 10 consumer complaints, Toyota's letter response to the Agency identifies 40 other consumer and field reports and 3,089 warranty repairs that required the replacement of the seatbelt bezel and/or clip.a stuck or jammed seatbelt does not offer proper occupant protection in the event of a vehicle crash.Toyota has notified the Agency by letter dated July 19, 2005 (amended in letter dated July 22, 2005), that it will recall 345,443 MY 2004-2005 7-passenger and 8-passenger Sienna vehicles built from the start of production up to May 18, 2005.Toyota dealers will replace the seatbelt bezel and clip with an improved design on all vehicles.vehicles produced beginning May 18 already have the improved seatbelt bezel and clip.this investigation is closed.
- Documents (2)
Click a tab for more information.