- February 22: VW Tiguan Limiteds Have Wrong Steering Wheels and Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- February 20: Mercedes-Benz Possibly Caught Using Emissions 'Defeat Devices' news | 3 days ago
- February 16: Continental Fuel Pump Flange Investigation Closed investigations | 7 days ago
- January 13: 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Under Federal Investigation investigations | 41 days ago
- December 31: VW Says Former Owners of 'Clean Diesel' Vehicles Don't Have a Case news | 54 days ago
2014 Volkswagen Eos
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Volkswagen Eos
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Volkswagen Eos by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Volkswagen service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Volkswagen customer service.
2014 Volkswagen Eos AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:DRIVER SIDE INFLATOR MODULE NHTSA Campaign #16V078000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2010-2014 Golf and Jetta SportWagen, 2007-2010 Passat sedans and wagon, 2012-2014 Passat sedan and Eos, 2009-2014 CC, 2009-2012 Audi Q5, and 2010-2011 Audi A5 Cabriolet vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.
Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflators, free of charge. Volkswagen issued an interim notification to owners on April 12, 2016. Volkswagen will notify owners again once parts are available. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Audi owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V078000 »