- December 23: VW Beetles Recalled To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
- December 19: VW Emissions Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 37 days ago
- December 3: VW Infotainment System Recall Related To Cameras recalls | 53 days ago
- November 30: VW Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport SUVs Recalled For 2 Problems recalls | 56 days ago
- November 29: Volkswagen Tiguans Recalled To Replace Seat Belts recalls | 57 days ago
Volkswagen Preliminary Evaluation PE18001: Seat Belt Webbing Failure
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Seat Belt Webbing Failure
- NHTSA recently conducted two New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) tests on the 2018 MY Volkswagen (VW) Tiguan.Both tests were 35 mph, full frontal, rigid barrier crashes with a 50th percentile male dummy belted in the driver position and a 5th percentile female belted in the passenger position. The tests were conducted on December 8, 2017 at MGA Research Corp. in Wisconsin (MGA) and December 13, 2017 at the Transportation Research Center of Ohio (TRC).During both crash tests, the driver seat belt webbing completely separated where the webbing looped through the seat belt latch tongue. The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) is opening this investigation to assess the seat belt separations and the potential for this condition to occur in real world use.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.