- October 9: State Lawsuits Against VW Don't Look Good news | 8 days ago
- October 9: Volkswagen and Canada Apparently Not Getting Along news | 8 days ago
- October 4: Volkswagen Recalls Older Touaregs Over Gas Leak Concerns recalls | 13 days ago
- September 25: Volkswagen Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Says Glass Injures People news | 22 days ago
- September 13: Study Says Bosch Created Illegal Emissions Software news | 34 days ago
2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Volkswagen service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Volkswagen customer service.
2015 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #16V035000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2011-2015 Touareg Hybrid vehicles manufactured March 20, 2010, to April 11, 2015. The hybrid battery tray may not drain water sufficiently. If water collects in the hybrid battery tray, it may cause an electrical short in the high voltage battery.
Consequence: An electrical short in the high voltage battery increases the risk of a fire.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install a fitted drain valve to allow water to drain properly, free of charge. The recall began late February 2016. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this 53B8. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V035000 »