1998 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Town & Country:

1998 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Aug 252000

Town & Country

The car was brought to david ellis for a brake repair on 8/21/00. The car made a noise while driving and a loud noise when braking. Also the pedal did not feel right. They replaced the front pads, rotors, wheel cylinders and the master cylinder. They had to repalce the master cylinder twice while they had it under repair. The morning after I picked up the car, it wouldn't accelerate, it was revving very loud and with very high rpms and then it began to smoke and smell. When I got out of the car I observed flames shooting out of the front wheel. Chrysler has inspected and says they do not know the cause of the fire. They are willing to fix the fire damage but they cannot "fix" the cause of the fire because they do not know what the cause is. I do not feel the car is safe to drive unless they can pinpoint the cause and have it repaired or replaced. They are also refusing to return the parts to me, and I have told them that I need to have them inspected for future litigation. They claim that they will be sending them to Chrysler, who has also refused to return them to me.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA