1998 Chrysler Town & Country fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Town & Country:

1998 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jan 092011

Town & Country 6-cyl

1998 Chrysler Town & Country. Smelled gas inside the car. I looked under the hood and noticed gas dripping from the fuel injector crossover tube. I called the Chrysler dealer and was informed that the problem was repaired in 2009 when I brought the vehicle in for a recall. The problem persisted so I called the dealer again and was told that the location of the gas leak was in the location where the recall was supposed to be fixed. I was asked to bring the vehicle into the dealer. After driving the vehicle to the dealer I was told that I would have to be responsible for a $96 checkout fee. I called Chrysler and was told that "the dealers had to eat to and they deserved the checkout fee". I asked the Chrysler customer service to waive the checkout fee since this was a dangerous situation. The Chrysler customer service rep told me there was nothing she could do for me unless I agreed to the checkout fee.I picked the vehicle up and it is sitting in my driveway.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA