2002 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country:

2002 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jun 182016

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Jul 192015

Town & Country

Car randomly stalls and has no power brakes, steering or control.

- Downers Grove, IL, USA

Apr 302015

Town & Country

The Town and country van that we own continues to have multiple issues with intermittent stalling and various speeds. The van usually has problems most after refilling with gasoline. This problem has been happening for a few months and continues despite efforts to remedy the problem. I feel this is a safety issue that needs to be addressed by Chrysler and the NHTSA to avoid a major casualty incident since these vans are having documented problems at all speeds including highway driving at 70 plus mph. We are not sure if the problem exists due to electrical issues, fuel pump issues or evap system issues due to the fact that no reportable codes are being thrown when the vehicle has this problem.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 172012

Town & Country

Given the news (May 14/15 2013) of the federal prop for notice of recall for Chrysler vehicles problems cutting off while driving with no warning or indication of any problem I request other vehicles (ie Chrysler vans) for this particular issue be seriously considered and submit the following: (note: I can provide all exact dates/miles documentation as the vehicle was serviced by Chrysler, woodbridge, va. I'm original owner of the vehicle.) I was driving my 2002 Chrysler Town & Country (VIN can be provided on request) approximately 50 miles an hour on route 50 about 20 miles East of winchester, va and my vehicle just shut off. No indications, no warning light, no other unusual noises. It just shut off. Luckily there was little traffic and I coasted to the shoulder. I attempted to start the vehicle several occasion and it would not turn on. All vehicle lights (interior/exterior) radio, fans etc were operational. I recall the roads were clear, weather cool and it was almost noon. Ultimately I had my vehicle towed and serviced by a Chrysler dealer service center in woodbridge, va. I did report that the vehicle just shut off and gave further information. After leaving the vehicle, it took the service center close to approximately a week or more to determine what the problem could be. Ultimately the engine computer module (ECM) was replaced and some electrical wiring harnesses. I also recall the Chrysler rep saying they needed their electrician to come and look at the vehicle as their mechanics could not find the problem. I can provide further comments and records. I do believe the ECM in my vehicle was changed out once before by Chrysler (possible previous recall (?). I may have a picture/info on the older ECM with serial number/date (possible 2005). Van is running fine since new ECM and other items that far.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA