4.1

2002 Chrysler Town & Country wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country:

2002 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jun 192005

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving my 2002 Chrysler Town & Country about 15 mph in a construction zone, my full size spare tire fell off of the vehicle and onto the street. It is held under the vehicle by means of a steel cable. The plastic clamp that the cable is attached to broke and the tire fell. I heard a bang and felt a bump and saw my tire through my rear view mirror in the street. My concern is what would have happened if that tire fell on the highway while going 60 mhp" the accident it would have caused behind me from other drivers trying to avoid my dropped tire could have killed someone. Are there any reports of these cables/plastic clamps breaking or failing in the past" thank you

- Salem, MA, USA