2003 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler Town & Country:

2003 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Apr 012008

Town & Country

A few months after purchasing our 2003 Town and country we noticed that the speakers would not work whenever it rained. We took the car in several times and reported this problem and they told us that they could not find the problem and to bring the van back to the dealership as soon as we hear the speakers go out. It sounds like a reasonable request but we can't take the van back to them as soon as it rains we need to be available to a back up vehicle and we would still have to bring it back for an appointment. It is a year later and we are still driving with a vehicle that has speakers that go out every single time it rains. We were told that this problem is covered under the electrical warranty which is wonderful but we need this item to be repaired the sound is very distracting and can happen at any moment during a downpour and can startle you as you try to Focus on the road.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Mar 182008

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2003 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the chain link to the handicap ramp in the vehicle failed. The chain became wrapped around the rotary device on the floor of the vehicle. When the device wrapped around the rotary, it caused the floor and the door of the vehicle to begin smoking. The vehicle has not been diagnosed by the dealer. The failure mileage was 43,000.

- Barstow, CA, USA

Sep 022004

Town & Country 6-cyl

While at an intersection, I had a power loss on my Chrysler Town and country. After the loss of power I was unable to do anything. I had to shut the van off wait 10 minutes and then start it up again. After restarting it was not shifting correctly and the check ingine light then came on. I took it back to the dealership where we had bought it 3 months ago. They ran a test on the van which it failed. It failed the transmission test. Knowing that they will not fix it. While I was making the hour drive to the dealership the light went off, they said without the light on there is nothing they can do. I have a 3 year old daughter and will be having my second child next month. What are they willing to do if we all get killed by this. They know it is unsafe yet they will do nothing!!

- Manistique, MI, USA