4.8

2003 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler Town & Country:

2003 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Apr 082005

Town & Country

I purchased my van in August of 2003. I noticed the brakes were squeaking and took it to the dealer to have them checked out. I was told that my front brackes had 15-20% of the pad left and that they should be replaced and the rotars turned.tthe vehicle has only 22,000 miles on it. It seems to me that brakes should last longer than 22,000 miles.I was told I must do allot of "city driving" I am now experiencing "rough, delayed shifting at about 15 mph. Hesitation, clunk. The transmission has "slipped" out of gear while driving and also rough downshifting. I certainly expected a better quality manufactured vehiicle than what I have experienced so far. I doubt I will ever purchase another vehicle from Chrysler!!.

- Mound, MN, USA